Monday, November 30, 2009

Stars

Hello bright lights
I see you shining
glimmering so peacefully in the sky
stars that seem so close
in reality, so far away

Two glowing balls
separated by years of light
yet one can still see the other
when space is as dark as night

so when your light went out
way out there tonight
I knew down deep
you supernova-ed ages and ages ago

So why did I feel nothing
if what happened laid in the past
the pain of personal loss
came slowly and slowly without duress

There was no epic storm
no epic tidal wave
of sweeping emotion
digging my heart into the grave

For there always remained that distance
between these embers of ours
so what of this night sky
filled with so many stars

why did I focus on you
the one so far away
what made you special
than those as bright as day

I saw the fire you could give
so deep within your eyes
burning hotter and hotter still
unwilling to fully live or fully die

Nebulous matter is all that remains
from that you shall begin anew
my embers still grow brightly
I will still wait eons for you.

1 comment: