Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Train Station

eyes cloud, the wind blows
mortal flesh releases the soul
tenderly into the night
allowing it to reminisce...

I see her standing there
alone as usual.
heads turn, eyes meet
one fleeting instant,
we connect.
our opaque bubble.
her presence magnified.
eyes of comfort,
smile of joy,
this brief moment of bliss.
hello.
goodbye.
my sweet cherie...

I keep walking,
path of dying grass
among the green
marks the common route
never to swerve.

Pray!
run to my side!
just one minute
converse.

Routine unbroken,
with heavy sigh,
force my eyes
to keep looking
ahead.

Fear turning around,
reveal you looking
longing for company
I cannot give.

So I walk away,
follow that path
of brown grass
among the green.
one foot following the other.

A hand grabs hold,
what could this be?
heart stops, head turns
surprise
her.

Eyes clear.
Station platform,
one foot off.
Train flies by.
she saved my life.

Eyes meet, bodies touch
warm embrace, souls converse
My name is....

No comments:

Post a Comment